You can probably tell from looking at previous posts that I LOVE to eat eggs in the morning. In my opinion, they are the perfect breakfast protein because they are healthy, filling, nutritious, and versatile. But this morning I took my typical egg sandwich and brought it to a whole different level! If you like egg sandwiches and you like grilled cheese, then you can thank me later. Here’s what I did:
- Coat the skillet with butter. Crack and cook egg over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- While the egg cooks, toast two slices of bread & slice the tomato.
- When the toast is ready, take one slice of cheddar cheese, split it in half and place one half on each slice of toast.
- Next add a handful of spinach, then two tomato slices to one slice of bread.
- When the egg is done cooking, place it on top of the tomato and close the sandwich with the other piece of bread.
- MOST IMPORTANT PART: Place entire sandwich back into the pan so the cheese melts and the bread gets all buttery and toasty. Make sure you flip the sandwich to toast both sides. BEST THING EVER! 🙂
- 1 egg
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 2 slices of toast (I used Seeduction from Whole Food’s Market)
- 1 slice of white cheddar cheese
The worst ingredients in this sandwich are the butter and the cheese, but I’m actually a huge butter supporter and you know my motto…moderation is key 🙂 What did you have for breakfast today? Post a comment below 🙂