For me, the key to nourishing my body with healthy foods is eating what I crave while cramming in as many REAL ingredients as I can (especially fruits and veggies)!! Although a slightly strange combination, this deconstructed egg sandwich is very delicious and filling. It’s nothing fancy…just contains the goods (veggies, protein, healthy fats, and BREAD lol).
- 1 package of green beens (I saved the leftovers for later)
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
- 1 slice of bread (I used Whole Food’s Seeduction)
**The recipe makes more than one serving of veggies…I just put the leftovers in a mason jar and stored in the fridge for another meal 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss green beans and peppers with olive oil, balsamic, salt & pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes (until the veggies have some brown spots)
- Melt some butter on a heated skillet and fry the eggs.
- Toast one slice of bread.
- Put it all together in a giant bowl and enjoy 🙂
Happy Friday everyone! Hope your day is filled with health and happiness 🙂