One of my favorite vegetarian protein sources is peas! One cup of peas has about 8 grams of protein, 96% of your daily value of vitamin C and 22% of your daily value of vitamin A! And those are only a few of several nutritional benefits! I also like to use green peas because I can buy them frozen and prepare them in less than 10 minutes by sautéing them in the skillet 🙂 They are cheap, easy to make, delicious, and filled with nutrients. Hence why they’re my favorite addition to any veggie/rice bowl.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced*
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced*
- 3 roasted peppers, sliced thinly*
- 1/3 cup of frozen peas (sautéed)
- 1 cup of brown rice
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
**Recipe makes extra veggies to save for left overs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Wash, peel, and slice the sweet potato and carrots. Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper on one of the baking sheets.
- Slice peppers and toss with olive oil, salt & pepper on one of the baking sheets.
- Roast sweet potatoes/carrots for 25-30 minutes. (Mixing and rotating half way through)
- Roast peppers for 20 minutes. (Mixing and rotating half way through)
- Heat the rice according to directions (I use frozen rice.. takes like 5-7 minutes to cook for 1 cup of rice)
- Saute the frozen peas in olive oil on the skillet until slightly browned (about 6-10 minutes).
- Assemble the most colorful and delicious veggie rice bowl and enjoy 🙂
Happy Monday everyone! See if you can add at least one more fruit or veggie to your diet today 🙂