Today I was craving something sweet, so I decided to bake these amazingly wonderful chocolate chip muffins. I always feel better about baking my own treats (as opposed to buying packaged ones from the store) because I know exactly what’s in them and I can usually pack in more whole and real ingredients.
I really love this recipe that I found from Center Cut Cook. I did make a few slight changes, but these muffins have the perfect amount of chocolate and are very fluffy and light.
You guys know my motto—Balance is everything! By pairing the muffin with some plain greek yogurt, blueberries, and honey, I created a wonderfully balanced snack 🙂 The greek yogurt provides some protein and a delicious tangy flavor AND both the blueberries and cocoa are packed with antioxidants!!
- 1 and 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 table spoon baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)—This was a slight change I made to the original recipe…I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
Follow the recipe from Center Cut Cook 🙂
I definitely recommend these to anyone who is having a major chocolate craving! They weren’t too difficult to make and they definitely satisfied my sweet tooth. Hope you guys have a great Tuesday!