I made this omelette one morning after scarfing down a totally unhealthy, but absolutely worth it blueberry muffin. I needed something with a good amount of protein and with a ton of vegetables to undo the muffin damage I just committed LOL.
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices of belle pepper cut into pieces
- a small handful of tiny broccoli pieces (I used frozen broccoli so that I could use the small broken pieces at the bottom of the bag–perfect size for omelettes!)
- 1 small tomato sliced
- olive oil
- Drizzle a skillet with olive oil and heat for about a minute on medium heat. Add in the broccoli pieces. Cut the sliced pepper into smaller pieces.
- Add the sliced pepper to the skillet with the broccoli and season with salt & pepper. Let the veggies cook until they start to soften. Whisk 2 eggs while the vegetables cook.
- Add the eggs to the skillet. Slice the tomato while the eggs cook.
- Once the omelette is cooked through, put the tomato slices on top of the omelette and stick the skillet in the oven to broil for a few minutes. This makes the tomatoes warm and juicy 🙂 Just be careful not to overcook or burn the tomatoes/omelette. Make sure you keep an eye on it!