I’m a huge fan of pasta with veggies in the winter because it’s filling, versatile, and it satisfies my craving for comfort food when it’s cold out. I’m definitely not a strict vegetarian or a vegetarian at all LOL, but I tend to feel better when I eat less meat so I usually end up eating it only a few times a month. This combination of pasta and veggies really fills me up without having to add any extra protein via meat…so it’s definitely one of my winter favorites!
- 1 cup broccoli
- 6-7 sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- orecchiette pasta
- Boil water for the pasta. Slice the grape tomatoes. Smash a clove of garlic and heat it in a skillet with olive oil.
- Add the broccoli pieces to the skillet, season with salt & pepper, and cook on a low to medium heat until the broccoli starts to soften slightly.
- Once the broccoli is soft, but before it starts to brown, add the tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta according to how you like it and once it’s done, add it to the skillet with the broccoli, tomato, and garlic.
- Toss the pasta with the veggies, oil, and garlic. Add a little extra olive oil, salt & pepper if you wish. And sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese 🙂