This was one of those “let’s make a meal out of whatever I have left in the fridge/pantry” type of meals, but it was actually one of the best things EVER and I’m definitely going to be making this again!
- 2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice the sweet potato, place it on the baking sheet, and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast the sweet potato for 25-30 minutes (until its soft and golden around the edges).
- Toast the cinnamon raisin bread.
- Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the toast on the baking sheet. Put one slice of mozzarella cheese on each slice of toast.
- When the sweet potatoes are done roasting, put the toast and cheese open faced in the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, take the toast out of the oven, add the sweet potato, close the sandwich and broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side.