Nice cream is my new favorite thing! For me, it’s the perfect ice cream replacement and I LOVE that I can play around with the recipe to add different fruits and veggies.
This version is really good when you’re craving a sweet, creamy dessert, but you don’t want to feel crappy after. The bananas provide some potassium, vitamin B, and fiber, while the peanut butter provides protein and healthy fats! AND the sweet and salty combination mixed with healthy fat makes this a really satisfying treat!
The nice cream alone (without the toppings) has about 4 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and 460 mg of potassium! And it tastes like dessert 🙂
You can add whatever toppings you like, but I went with semi-sweet chocolate chips and roasted almonds.
- 5 frozen banana pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- whatever toppings you like (I used roasted almonds and semi-sweet choc chips)
- Put the banana, peanut butter, and almond milk in the blender and pulse/blend until desired consistency.
- In order to make this nice cream successfully, you will need a pretty decent blender and even with a good blender you will need to stop blending frequently in order to mix the nice cream and prevent the blender from getting stuck.
- I used the pulse setting on a Blendtec blender and had to stop to mix the nice cream about 3-4 times before it was creamy and delicious 🙂
Stay tuned for more nice cream recipes!