Roasted vegetables are so easy and they taste so darn good, which is why roasted veggie bowls are my go-to lunch/dinner on days when I need the extra nutrients and I’m too lazy/busy to cook anything too complicated. I usually like to include 2-4 different types of vegetables and one form of protein/grain. In this bowl I have roasted asparagus, roasted red peppers, roasted sweet potato pieces, and 1 slice of provolone cheese 🙂
Another reason I love roasted veggie bowls is that you can literally create any combination you want and there are so many different combos that you never get bored. So while you could really use a variety of ingredients, here is the list of ingredients used in this particular bowl.
Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sweet potato
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2-3 pieces of provolone cheese (depending on how many bowls you’re making–it’s one slice per bowl)
**You can also make just one bowl and save the rest of the veggies for tomorrow’s lunch/dinner! That’s what I did 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Wash the asparagus, pepper, and sweet potato.
- While the oven is preheating, cut the ends off of the asparagus and slice the pepper into even strips. Slice the sweet potato into triangle shaped pieces.
- Place the asparagus and pepper slices on the same baking sheet and place the sweet potato pieces on the other sheet.
- Season both trays with olive oil, salt, & pepper. Toss/mix until all of the veggies are evenly coated.
- Roast the asparagus and peppers for 20-25 minutes (cook time may vary depending on how crispy or not crispy you like your veggies). Make sure to toss the veggies half-way through (about 10-12 minutes).
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes (again depends on how you like them). Make sure to toss the sweet potatoes half-way through (about 12-15 minutes).
- Once the vegetables are done, you can create your bowl with as much or as little of each veggie as you would like. Add the cheese and enjoy 🙂
One sweet potato has about 438mg of potassium, about 368% of your daily value of vitamin A, and about 15% of your daily value of vitamin B-6. One bell pepper has about 159% of your daily value of vitamin C and about 15% of your daily value of vitamin B-6. That’s a ton of nutrients! And it’s delicious. Works for me 🙂